Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

White Holo Snowflakes

Although we haven't seen any of the white stuff in a while now (and I'm not complaining!), my first thought when I sat down to do my nails with a recently arrived bottle of Different Dimension Excelsior was to stamp it with white and decided upon snow flakes!  Here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats of Different Dimension Excelsior, shown with no top coat.  


I've been taking a few pix here and there with my new macro lens; here's one of them.


Topped with a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Stamped using FunkyFingers Gesso using images from UberChic Christmas-01.


Finished it off with a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


My newly arrived bottle of KBShimmer Makin' Copies was still on my desk as I had used it a week or so ago and lazy me, hadn't put it away yet.  I was actually going to order a back up bottle because I love that it was good coverage in two easy coats and a colour I thought I'd wear often!  I thought I'd compare the two just for fun; the base colours seem pretty similar, although I'd say the Different Dimension is a shade darker.  As you can see, KBShimmer is more of a scattered holo and I seen a lot of blue shimmer, and Different Dimension Excelsior is more of a linear holo and I seen more pink shimmer.  I'm happy that I own both but I have since decided that I no longer need a second bottle of the KBShimmer as the base of Different Dimension will suffice if I want this base colour and one bottle or the other happen to ever run low. 


The other KBShimmer polish I seriously thought about buying a back up of was Fax of Life but I happen to have bought Different Dimension Dragon.  When I was looking at them, while not dupes as Dragon is definitely a shade darker, they are close enough that I don't think I need a back up of Fax of Life.  I have worn KBShimmer Fax of Life in a mani but not Different Dimension Dragon so they might be less close than the bottle shots appear, but at this time, I'll save that money I would have spent on backups.


This pix, you can see that pink shimmer in the base of Different Dimension Excelsior that I was talking about.


I'm loving these soft neutral shades right now and am happy that I have both lines in my collex anyway!

Hope you're having a great weekend and thanks for looking!


Post a Comment

0 Comments