A weed is but an unloved flower.- Ella Wilcox
I was walking along a very busy Brooklyn street recently, on my way to the store, and I saw this beautiful thistle plant growing out of a crack in the curb of the sidewalk! I was so surprised that this little piece of beauty was able to survive and prosper in such an inhospitable place, that I had to go back the next day to take this photograph. It spoke a message of strength and hope to me!
What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.- Ralph Waldo Emerson -1878.
Two wonderful blog awards have been presented to me recently!
Steviewren, the owner of the delightful blog "A Little Birdie Told Me So" presented me with the above award on July 1.I love Steviewren's blog because she is my contemporary, and always has an interesting insight to share about life, art, being a grandparent, books, places and posts some fun quizzes, now and then, to keep us all on our toes!
Thanks, Stevie, for choosing me for this very sweet award! You know I would choose you for the same!
In the spirit of *passing it on* I'd like to choose a few blogs that always make me smile, and that are so much fun to read:
A Haven For Vee
The Stone Rabbit
A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words
Proud Italian Cook
Thank you ladies for the joy that you give to me each and every day!
This award was designed by the "Out and About in New York City " blog, and she asks that you pass it on to those blogs that are " Just Plain Fun To Read."Next.......
Dana, owner of the fun and cheerful blog "The Stone Rabbit," kindly presented me with the "Arte y Pico" award yesterday!
The rules to follow with this award are:
1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribution to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that presented her/him with the award.
4) The award winner and one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte y Pico" blog so everyone will know the origin to this award.
I chose the following blogs that always have the most interesting posts which have taught me so much lately, and who have also enhanced my day with their warm friendship:
Congratulations to all!
It's always a hard decision to choose from the many, many blogs I read and enjoy everyday.
I love to be able to pass on an award to each and every one of you someday!


0 Comments