Joining in with Amy and Five on Friday.
Those sad hostas are trying to pull themselves together in the front garden, post-snail attack, and I have filled my blue pots with these sorts of things. The snails are wandering round the patio going, "I'm sure it was around here somewhere Mavis". I wonder what they'll be eating instead.
There are nice things coming home from the allotment now, enough to fill our plates, although some of the smaller people are a bit dubious about artichokes, broad beans and turnips. There have been enough strawberries from the garden to have strawberries and cream. They're a bit earlier this year I fancy. Last year they weren't properly around until Wimbledon week, I distinctly remember, it all seemed rather fitting.
I finally remembered to photograph this scarf, which I made from the exquisite silk that Ellen sent me a while back. It's just a simple Bias "Before and After" Scarf, happily easy to knit. The silk is divine, it feels like a cloud round my neck. And best of all there is more of the yarn left, enough to make something else. I love the subtle striping with these short rows, but no doubt a whole different pattern will emerge if I make something wider.
A bit of cake. I've been spending some time doing the writing course, so there's been less time for baking, but yesterday I felt the need for a coffee and walnut cake. It's from a Monty Don cookery book, and Monty says it's his favourite. Quite popular round here too Monty. The internet is a vast place full of information isn't it? I've lost myself in thousands of posts on writing. It's like a million connected forests, all moving round so you don't know which one you'll wander into next. I think I need to take a step back for a moment, it's made my head buzz.
At the end of the day when everything is spinning too fast I have a little knit. This is a blanket for the littlest boy. Shades of grey. Oh how that dreadful book has ruined the word grey. But I refuse to stop using it. We shall overcome. The blanket is grey with a light blue stripe so far. I'm thinking a few different colour stripes. It feels nice and warm. Ah yes, summer is here, beautiful June, and I'm blogging about scarves and blankets. Out of step as ever. Next week, Christmas cake and making the most of your festive bird. CJ xx

0 Comments