Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

It's a sorta vacation

Isn't the summer going so fast? Can you believe that July is almost here?? I love summer and I want it to slow down.....please. 


I'm having a sorta vacation right here at home. As you know, we live with our son and his family. I help care for the children when the parents work and do a lot of cooking, etc. They have been away so I play, sorta ;-) 

On Friday Gina and I spent several hours together. We had lunch at a favorite cafe, 3J's. They offer so many GF items on their menu and I LOVE it! We did some thrift shopping and a bit of outlet and grocery shopping. It was a very good day. 

Saturday I did some cleaning and later attended a surprise party for a couple at church. Loved catching up with friends, some who used to attend our church and some I just don't seem to get to talk to enough. Again, a good day. 

Sunday I sang with the worship team at church, then we had lunch at our favorite Manheim place, Twin Kiss. It will forever be our favorite hometown little restaurant. 

Next it was off to the last season game for Challenger Baseball which is always held in Manheim. It was a dry day.....more games were rained out this season than were played....and it was HOT! We put our chairs in the shade and watched our girl from there. 


Getting ready to bat. 



Preparing to hit....just like the pros, she taps the bat on her shoes several times :)



On third and soon heading home....it was really hot for these kids. She handles it well. 

After the game we went to the coaches home for a swim party picnic. Ellen was ready to get into the pool to cool off! We had a really good time and ate really good food and I didn't take one picture. 

There was a brief rain shower as we were finishing eating.....headed under the umbrellas. All was good! 

On Monday I rearranged some furniture, drank coffee, and relaxed. Not a typical Monday at all!!




The weather has been nice so far this week and I'm enjoying the porch. 

I had contacted my family to see if anyone wanted some items we needed to get rid of. One of the items was the extension table that was a wedding gift to our mother from her father. We used it for 30 + years but really didn't need it any longer. It was hard to come to the decision to move it along. My desire was for it to stay in the family. Thankfully my brother and his wife decided it would be perfect for them. I was thrilled! Monday afternoon he came for the table....


More than one use for a rollback truck :))

My brother's son and 2 grandsons (they have just come back to the US after living for many years in Egypt!) carried the table and placed it carefully on the truck bed. 

Steve prepares to fasten it securely. 


Making sure it stays put! 

My sister-in-law is thrilled to now have it in her kitchen. We promised not to leave our bread crusts on the ledge under the table.....like some of us did when we were young, haha! I was one who did and I was scolded more than once for it! 

Later Ellen and I did some shopping. It's so rare that we have time on a weekday to shop together. I'm usually on kid duty on a Monday. She found what she needed, yay! 

Today I really can't say I accomplished much. I did go away for some needed groceries while Ellen was at work. 

What a lazy few days I'm having....drinking coffee, reading, watching a little TV (which never happens during the day), sitting on the porch....it's a true sorta vacation! 

Time to make dinner....it's another simple one. Simple because who feels like cooking while you're on vacation?? 


Post a Comment

0 Comments