Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Old Man Winter Came By To Visit....Such A Cold Old Soul!

I was awoken at 5:30 this morning by the ringing of the phone. "The school will not be having classes and the buses will not run until 10:00 A.M due to the severe weather from last night." A few minutes later the bus driver calls to say buses will not run at all but that my son would have an excused absence from school if we did not want to risk driving him in.We live 30 miles away and the roads are treacherous during these times... So today... he is off.I bundle up to step outside to check on my critters. The woods surrounding me creek and crack under the weight of the ice that old man winter dressed them in.
The wind chill is already making my hands numb as I take these photos, but the air is so clean feeling and there is a still quietness surrounding me. I am lost in the moment' s peace.

Nothing is stirring....even with the wind blowing, the leaves and stems are frozen in time.


Our giant pine tree....standing tall and strong, dressed in an icy sage green. Pine trees always seem to possess a beauty in snow and ice.



I make it out to the pens and hen house and hear the barnyard gossip of chickens and ducks before I even get the frozen gate open. I stuffed their house and nest boxes with extra hay yesterday when I heard this spell was on the way. They are fluffy and warm and eager to see me. It is supposed to stay this way up until Friday... and we will then see temperatures in the 60's. So I'm off to make a pot of soup, hot chocolate, and to stitch all day. Everyone stay warm and I will catch up with you next week!





Post a Comment

0 Comments