| cloudy skies in Ojai, California |
One of the qualities that I always relied on as a dancer was persistence. My ballet teacher taught us that ballet requires "the three p's": practice, patience, and persistence. That advice always got me through the rough patches. I apply that same principle to my writing. It's important to keep doing the work, and showing up at the page. I just reworked a pitch that I sent to my editor at Dance Magazine. So much of being an artist has to do with being able to take direction. I thought about her suggestions, and came up with a completely different angle. I typed it into an email, and sent it to her office in New York. After that, I made a batch of chicken stock and Mexican rice, and took Lula for a walk.
Later on, I finished redoing the left shoulder on my sweater. Tomorrow I will unravel and reknit the right side. It is a relief to finally have it done correctly. I wrote in my notes where and why I went wrong, in case I decide to make this sweater again. It really is lovely.
I sent out several messages to producers and stage managers yesterday, letting them know that I need one hour of work to qualify for my pension. I hope that something develops, but I've decided not to stress over it. Money can come in many different ways. I received some very kind and helpful responses. Apparently, there are many people in the exact same situation.
I also left a message for Suze Orman. I thought it would be interesting to hear her take on artists and dancers, and their retirements. I regularly listen to her podcast at suzeorman.com. It is fascinating to hear about other woman and their finances.I always learn so much from her. How are things with you?
Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

0 Comments