Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Trial and Error Doors

Happy Wednesday!  Hope your week is starting out to be a great one.


These were my doors on my armoire.  I have glazed them, chalk painted them and stained them.  I just could not get the look I wanted with these stock doors that Mr. JCC used to make this beautiful armoire for me.

While I liked the stain over the chalk paint to give some warmth to this big piece.  I just did not like that the piece did not have much personality.

So I decided I would hunt the flea markets to see if I could find two old vintage doors with some personality to give this piece a wow factor.

I have not had any luck in finding two doors that would fit and do what I had envisioned.


I know shocker!!!! the door hoarder here could not find two doors to make this piece pretty LOL!

So plan B.  Always need a plan B.

I wanted the doors to be wood so I could get the antique feel of an old door and have the lines of the wood show through.

So back to the hardware store to look at doors that were solid wood.
So while strolling through the door aisle at Home Depot Terry and I found two solid pine doors that someone had custom ordered and never picked up.  They were then placed on clearance for $30.  SCORE!
Right size too.

So we brought them home and painted them with Annie Sloan pure white chalk paint and then took the mouse sander to them.
After painting the doors with white chalk paint and sanding them.  Mr. JCC then used a water base wood stain on them.

This was the look we got after he sanded the door when the stain dried.  The white came through but I still felt it was just a little too dark.
So then we tried putting a lighter stain over the door and it started to take on the lighter cream color I wanted.

Now we are getting somewhere.  After putting on the lighter stain colonial oak and sanding again we got the white and cream distressed look I was going for.

Now for some awesome knobs!




I had these old knobs so added them. I like that they are miss matched.  Gives a little bling and personality to the doors.


Terry added some trim pieces to the doors to frame them and give them some design.

I like that the trim gives some texture to the doors.
I like the new doors I am going for a soft distressed look.  Just waiting on my new slipcover to come for the sectional and then I will have the full reveal of the changes in the living room.
According to tracking it should be delivered today.

Hope your week is going good so far.
Kris
:)


Parties:
Before and After Wednesday







Post a Comment

0 Comments