Que sera sera….
This phrase is supposed to motivate you in a positive way; I used it as an excuse for my own lack of courage and inability to turn course of events with perseverance and determination.On my 26th birthday, something significant happened that changed my perception towards life completely. I’m a loner with no friends and my family has given up trying to contact me. I bought myself a cake, it was packed in a custom cake box with a message on it, “world is a huge cauldron and something is cooking in it, we just don’t know what”. As I was coming back home, I saw a homeless girl (7 or 8) and she was groaking at the cake box.
The message on the cake box played in my head, if world was a cauldron then we all had something to add to this collective stew of humanity…right? I ended up giving the cake to the homeless girl. As I turned around the block, I got a call from UNCC that my application for MBA was accepted. I had been trying to get admission in the program for three years.
The incident made me self-aware, it made me see all my flaws, how I was so ignorant of other’s feelings, how I didn’t care about anyone but myself, all I was contributing to the world was bitterness, hatred and animosity and all this negativity was projecting back on me.
From that day onward, I decided to add only good ingredients to the cauldron to make the cooking stew more tasteful. To add more love, respect and care I buy a cake on every Saturday and put it on the bench in park.
I get custom cake boxes for these cakes with hand written notes on them. Sometimes I get boxes directly addressing to certain people i.e. with random names on them. Sometimes I write my name and number on the box, in case someone wants to know who left it there.
I get all kinds of mixed reactions out of this little peculiar deed of mine. Sometimes people call to thank me, sometimes they abuse and call me a stalker, sometimes they ask to put sandwiches along with the cake (the sense of entitlement is real). The point is, everyone contributes according to their own level of self-awareness. They say change doesn’t happen overnight, it takes months even years to become a believer. For some pain and suffering helps them become a better person, for some all it takes is just one prayer answered.
Anyways, the cake box that changed my life was from Bakery Packaging Boxes, they make the best custom cake boxes on very economical wholesale rates.



0 Comments