Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Should have listened to Saffy

 


My daughter has turned into Saffy from Ab Fab (Absolutely Fabulous - British sitcom).  She thinks she has very irresponsible parents.  I protest, we are merely a bit daft.

Kat gave us a gift before she left for Brize today, a pair of plastic tongs so that Paul could avoid electrocution by using metals ones for getting toast out of the toaster.

Early this morning she told me to be careful when taking Rick out because it was still a bit dark.  In my defence my mishap would have happened in exactly the same way in broad daylight.  It had been raining and the white frosty winter wonderland had disappeared so it did not occur to me that the ground was slick and shiny with ice, not merely wet.  It happened very quickly, one minute I was walking towards our driveway and then the next moment I was up in the air.  I came down to earth with a terrific thump and then slid along the ice, gradually coming to a halt next to the car.

I managed to get into a sitting position to find Rick next to me, shaking and trying to keep upright on the ice.  Kat had heard my shriek and came hurrying to the front door with Paul.  I warned them to stay away, otherwise they too would slip on the treacherous black ice.  I grabbed the car door handle and pulled myself upright.  Walking alongside the car I passed the dog lead to Kat who pulled Rick to safety, and I eventually managed to get back indoors.

I am now nursing a painful wrist, a bruised butt and suffering Saffy’s admonishments of  “I told you to be careful.”

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments