I wanted to post the last rose bouquet I picked from the garden just before
the rainy weather came the middle of this month.
I think I picked it on about the tenth of October and then the rains
came soon after.
I've always said that I love the roses of Fall the best.
The colors are richer in the fall and they last on the bush so much longer
than in the heat of summer.
I also love that they bloom about the time my phlox is finishing up their bloom
cycle, because this particular rose looks beautiful with my later blooming phlox.
This rose is Morden Blush and is one of my very, very favorites!
I have 8 of them in the garden and am nursing 5 little seedlings along to plant somewhere
next spring. I find these popping up everywhere in my beds and I imagine
it's because the birds drop their hips here and there in the fall.
Morden Blush is one of the easiest and hardiest roses to grow here in zone 3/4.
I'm in love with this pitcher that my sweet neighbor Sarah gave me!!!
It's the perfect color to pair this rose with.
I know, I know....
I overdid it a little with the pictures!...
but these photos have to get me through the long winter----because
it will be awhile before I have roses from the garden on my table again :))))
You already know that I'm the same way with peonies.
You will definitely be seeing more peony, lilac, and rose posts
from me through the winter months just to have something to post about!

0 Comments