I know that we have all heard the saying that “It’s better to give than to receive’. And yes, I do love giving, but this weekend it felt as if Christmas had come early for me.
On Friday I went to an estate sale. The first thing I spied when I walked into the (jam packed) home was a vintage quilt. Not just any vintage quilt, but a Dresden Plate vintage quilt.
I have been wanting to make a Dresden Plate quilt for some time now. I couldn’t even begin to make one for the $75 I put out for this baby.
And. . .this one is in perfect condition and made from old flour sack fabrics and hand quilted. If you ask me, it doesn’t get any better than that.
It felt as though Santa himself had hand picked this gift just for me!
It had never been washed and had that ‘old’ smell. You know what I’m talking about. The first thing I did was to machine wash it on delicate and toss it in the dryer. After that I had to play with it for a while.
It’s even sweeter now with all of that puckering the machine washing did for it.
And then, if that wasn’t enough. Last night we arrived home about 10 p.m. from my hubby’s company Christmas dinner.
Hubby said, “looks like we have a package’. It was addressed to me and when I brought it inside and opened it I squealed with delight!
Sweet Victoria from Sunny in Tucson had told me that she was going to send me one of her felted Christmas mice a while back. Honestly, I had totally forgotten about it.
Isn’t he the sweetest thing? All handmade from Victoria. She taught herself how to felt wool by watching a video on line. This is something that I have wanted to learn also. On my ‘to do’ list after the New Year.
He couldn’t wait to hop into the living room and attempt to hang his ornament on my tinsel tree.
For now I have just been calling him ‘Mouskavitch’. But he needs a name. Any suggestions?
I love my early gifts! And I’m. . .
Hoping a little Christmas love comes your way!
hugs,
Jann
p.s. I want to thank Tammy from One More Time Events for featuring my Large and in Charge Santa!
I will be sharing with these wonderful parties:
One More Time Events for Share it One More Time

0 Comments